I went to purchase the Bobbi Brown BBU Face palette only to be told you can only purchase it online :(
I had intended to buy makeup and so makeup I bought. I just ended up buying NOTHING from my wish list and instead making some rather rash decisions.
- Rimmel Day to Night Mascara - this is a new one I purchased for £8 only because I got a free Rimmel eyeliner with it (and I find this purchase justified because I was going to buy the liner anyway, it was on my to-buy list)
- YSL's Touche Eclat (£24.50) - again, this is another I wanted anyway as I have been finding other concealers cakey for my under eyes. The lady gave me the shade 2 when I wanted 1.5 :( I wish I'd checked the box before I left the store. I just assumed she would give me the right shade since I asked for 1.5 a couple of times! Still, I guess i'll get good use out of it anyhow.
- Lee Stafford hair stuff - 3for£12 @ Boots.
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow (£14). I still think Benefit's other items are overpiced - I was looking at the their foundations in shock (they cost more than MAC and there's no way they're as good as high end foundations). But I was still keen to try out one of these shadows since I have the oiliest lids ever (even Paint Pots crease one me) and I really wanted a single shadow that I could use quickly in the morning without having to use a brush or take time blending shades.
Creaseless cream shadows are very expensive. But I think they are worth it if you have tried other cream shadows and they all crease on you. I have super oily lids and this didn't crease at all and it also worked excellently as a base under my powder eyeshadow. I am really tempted to buy a couple more (I also liked the look of RSVP) but I'll have to see how long these last without drying out because I know MAC Paint Pots dry out kinda quick. I don't think I'll ever buy any Paint Pots again. I am very much losing interest in MAC altogether.
- Finally, 3 Too Faced palettes
|Romantic Eye, Naked Eye and Natural Eye w/ flash|
So that's what happens when you panic buy!
I'll still keep all three palettes, there's nothing there that's so awful that I'll be binning or swapping away or anything. They just didn't live up to my expectations.
Still, I'm excited by the prospect of playing with it all.
I think that's my final haul of the summer.